Friday 11 October 2013

My Fastest Run Today – Experiment ….

My fastest run today – ran my fastest 5 km ever with this shoe. This is a shoe i used as office sneakers. This is a skechers mid foot running shoe called gorun. I tried this by default.


As i started running, i felt good cushioning at the mid foot. My comfort level was better than other days. I started observing, i land while running with mid foot. This goes well with this shoe design.
 Here is a short video on the three running strikes heel, mid foot and toe and their benefits. Find out what is your running need and see what your strike is. You don't need to change if your need and your strike matches. If not give the other strike a try…
As my comfort was good, started increasing speed maxed at 13.5 km/hour. I finished the run in 27 minutes 50 seconds. This is 20 % faster than my last best. That is less than half the speed of the best record in the word world for a 5k by Kenenisa Bekele measured 12:37.35. What a performance ?
 My learning from today is, keep experimenting, you never know what you do not know. Also when you feel comfortable, give your 200%, the fact that you are comfortable shows you could definitely do better.


Looking forward to my next discovery from running…..
[Source: whyoffashion]

No comments:

Post a Comment