Monday 14 October 2013

Because Hope is PINK in Colour

I love my life, the people in it and myself. When I was 13, I wanted to be like somebody, I wanted to be all skinny and to be seen as a 'hot' looking girl but not cute! Being a Punjabi woman isn't easy, meat wise

We are blessed with layers of skin, often referred to as fat but what we all need is acceptance of who we are and I admit at 22, I have done that!  And My today's post is dedicated to woman across who have come to terms with life by battling Breast Cancer. Life is short, but people who don't give up and battle it out live it through. 
It's important to know your body, It's important to never give up and it's important to hope against hope. Breast Cancer patients across the globe have survived the hard way. Some lost their breasts, some have lost hair, skin because of chemo and some have lost hope. It's amazing being a woman, my mom who blogs on the food section on guiltybytes is my super hero. She is a neuro patient but she taught me the real meaning of Hope and Courage, both in that order. 
Believe everyday that you are beautiful, that you can inspire others and encourage all women to be proactive and vigilant with their breast and ovarian health. In India we are still hesitant to talk to the women in our families about the mammograms that they should take timely, but yes, open up before it's too late. Elle Ogaan Cancer Foundation, has started a unique initiative for breast cancer awareness and has marked 18th October as the day to celebrate this battle. 
Support ELLE, wear Pink this October for every person who has been in close loop with breast cancer and has a story to tell. These stories remind us that the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer awareness is more than a movement. It describes the progress we're making together to save lives and create a world with less breast cancer and more birthdays!
[Source: guiltybytes]

No comments:

Post a Comment