Sunday 8 September 2013

In the studio: Rhinestone wedding accessories for Tania

I feel so fortunate that I am able to work with so many wonderful brides from around the world. The power of the internet blows my mind every single day – crazy to think that I have now shipped to almost every continent in the world. Although I’m based in Canberra, Australia, I have worked with brides in Ireland, Finland, Sweden, South Africa, Malaysia, Singapore, China, Hong Kong, Germany, Italy, France, Turkey, all across the UK, across the USA and Canada… and every state of Australia!  I love working online but sometime I wish I could meet my clients and give them a giant big hug!
Recently I had the pleasure of working with UK bride Tania to create some rhinestone wedding accessories for her late September wedding. It was a bespoke rush order and time was of the essence. We got chatting to finalise details of her pieces and I started work on her pretty pieces.
Tania was after the Faith rhinestone hair comb for her sister (maid of honour); the Carter hair pins in silver to wear with her veil as she walked down the aisle; and a custom made rhinestone hair comb to match the detailing on her wedding sash for the reception.
The bespoke rhinestone comb was a lot of fun to create. Tania loved the beaded hair comb I had posted on my Instagram page (on the left in the photos below) so I based her wedding comb on the same shape and I then customised the beading to match the gorgeous rhinestones from her bridal sash (comb on the right in the photos below). I love how it turned out – a little bit of sparkle and glamour!
[Source: percyhandmade]

No comments:

Post a Comment