Monday 26 August 2013

The Keen: At Least It Keeps the Man Toes Covered.

Manolo says, since the Manolo has recently been talking about the popular brands of the comfort shoes, perhaps it time to consider the monstrosity that is the Keen.
 One can go no where now without one’s senses being assaulted by these shoe-like things on the feets of the adult males who should know better.
“Oooh, I am so sporty and with-it,” smugly and silently says the wearer, “I’ve got these super-hip outdoorsy sport sandals on my feet. When I wear these shoes I feel like I’m ‘shredding’ it with my ‘homies’. I look like I’m an X-Game’s athlete, don’t I?”
To which the Manolo silently replies, “No, you are the middle-aged dork whose choice of feetwear befouls the public space with its ugliness, thus proving the tragedy of the commons. Also, riding your $2,500 mountain bike on the paved paths at the park is not ‘shredding it’, no matter what the other members of your Fantasy Football league say.”
Still, the Manolo has to admit that the Keens, unlike the mandals, cover the unsightly middle-aged man toes, the small favor for which we are not especially thankful.
 [Source: shoeblogs]





No comments:

Post a Comment